Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Welcome back

Howdy,

Kate Rafey joined the team officially today. Or I should say returned to the play from Clark. She was the amazing stage manager from the work up there and now is the ASM on this production. Glad you are here. And so are Jamie D. and Eric T. I'm sure they appreciated their line notes very much. 
After three successive days off it was lovely to be back in the room. The plan of taking the days off went exactly as planned. The production team, Jessica, Scott, and I caught up on our lives a bit and were very relaxed. Eric T. and Jamie D. thought hard about the play and came to a place of ease with their relationship. And, that ease tended to drop the stakes to as low as possible. All part of the plan. If they came back two steps forward instead of one step back we'd be in huge trouble. Instead, they deepened their stage relationship, though the stakes were lower the relationship was stronger. Stakes will be back by tomorrow. One step backward is necessary to take a leap forward. 
I understand the stakes getting lower in my own confession I missed being in the room for three days. I wanted to hang out and talk. I mean, the details of the work is tiring and I mean seriously, after this week we're in the theater with design and production concerns, and then an audience, and there is very little time left to enjoy the truly intimate process. I can tell in my comments to Lea about the set and props that I'm a little fearful of moving from rehearsal room - I love our intimacy. There is safety in that...it is now time to raise the stakes for me as well and start to ensure that there is an awareness of the story we are telling the audience...so when they join us it is equally as intimate an experience for them.

Goodnight,
Padraic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictues on this blog loading?
I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my blog ... Understanding Swift Programs For nutrisystem
food ()

yanmaneee said...

goyard tote
supreme clothing
lebron james shoes
jordan shoes
salvatore ferragamo belt
kd 11 shoes
coach outlet handbags
nike huarache
converse shoes
air max

teereaus said...

replica bags in china replica bags by joy replica bags karachi