Thursday, November 20, 2008

Continuous Learning

Howdy,

What is great about taking a play back into development, and with new actors, is you hear it differently. Working with Leah and Dan at Clark - I've heard some of the levels of humor and friendship that need to be a little more present in the play. Also, I'm learning about the specifics of love, what is it exactly these two individuals get from the other - in just their relationship. Just by knowing and being with the other that they get from no other. Watching these two young actors discuss that with each other today really deepened how specific this relationship, well probably every relationship is, but specifically this one for the play - how their interactions inform their relationship to the world and the journey. (I'm leaving the word journey in the blog...it seems less specific than I want to be but for now - it stays.)
This play is wonderful to work on with students - because it works with what ever level of specificness you are capable of achieving in action and emotion. The deeper and more specific work you do the stronger the play. It can support you and you learn - and expand with the actor. Also, it forces you to keep learning and growing. I saw Jamie at the LAB party last night - and she said she still is stopped in the middle of doing something with an "Aha" moment about a moment in SWEET STORM.
those "Aha" moments make it a great play to work on with young actors.
Okay - I'm hoping to keep this blog up. I hope to learn more about the development process - if not of the play, maybe of actors and directors.

Goodnight,
Padraic

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im on a two year plan and i recently got my upgrade, but I am interested in buying an Iphone, and i dont want to wait for my next upgrade. How much is it without the upgrade?
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://coremaze.com/forum/index.php?topic=5214.new#new]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
Just thought this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/baseball-party-supplies.html]baseball Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: batting, franchising, pickles, Software., piano, robot, cleveland and more...

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.dofollowarticles.com to post articles in the following categories: picking, sunrooms, jazz, outcomes, Rocklin, modern, ch4 and more...